Looking to get into the baking industry then the NPA in Bakery could be the course for you. This course will give you the opportunity to develop the skills required for employment within the bakery industry or to set up your own business and includes: pastry skills, craft baking, bread making, cake decoration, food hygiene, enterprise activity and team working.
You will also have the opportunity of a work placement – this will help you to decide if baking is the career for you. There will be opportunities for you to participate in a programme of visits to bakeries/hotels/restaurants and ample opportunities for work experience to give you further insight into the industry.
- Developing skills for employment
- Food Safety
- REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene
- Pastry skills
- Craft baking
- Bread making
- Cake making
- Cake decorating
- Although there is no mandatory placement requirement for this course you are recommended to seek work experience within the catering/hospitality industry to support your studies. Your course tutor can assist you in finding suitable work experience.
How Course Is Assessed:
- On-going basis through the following methods - Open book, Closed book, Portfolios Projects and Practical observations
Number of Days per week:
- Maximum of 4 days per week
- 2 grade C passes (or above) at National 4 level
- Applicants who do not have the relevant entry requirements but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- All applicants will be invited along to an information session/interview
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Bakery Assistant
- Customer Care Assistant
- Assistant Baker
Progression RoutesDownload our progression route map here
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...