Looking to start a career in the ever-growing Hospitality industry - this one year course in HNC Hospitality could be the course for you. It will help to develop and support your communication skills, the practical front of house skills and your supervisory skills to ensure you are on your way to a fulfilling career within the Hospitality industry.
There will be plenty of opportunities for you to participate in a programme of visits to hotels and other businesses operating within Tourism and Hospitality - these visits will give you further insight into these exciting industries.
As well as a programme of visits we work closely with many industry partners to provide guest speaker sessions and opportunities for you to meet and talk to employers.
As part of this course, we include a work experience unit - this will give you the opportunity to experience different job roles within an organisation to ensure you choose the career path that's right for you.
- This course includes the following topics -
- Management of Food and Beverage Services
- Food Production Processes
- Accommodation Management
- Hospitality Supervision
- Financial and Control Systems
- Work Experience
- Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Front Office Procedures
- There are mandatory 80 hours of work experience that can be completed throughout the year
How Course Is Assessed:
- Open book
- Closed book
- Portfolio work
- Practical observations
Number of Days per week:
- A minimum of 1 grade C pass (or above) at Higher level from the following English, Modern Studies, History, Religious Studies, Social Science, Psychology or Business Management (if you have one Higher not listed we still welcome your application)
- And 3 National 5's or 3 Standard Grades at Grade 3 or above (two of which must be Maths and English)
- Or successful completion of appropriate SCQF Level 5 or 6 SQA course
- If you do not meet these criteria but have relevant work experience we welcome your application
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited into the College to attend an information session/interview. Group tasks will be set and carried out during this time.
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Conference Co-ordinator
- Front of House Operations
- Supervisory positions
- Food and Drink Operations
- Human Resource Assistant
Download our progression route map here
- On successful completion of this course, there are a variety of employment opportunities open to you within the Tourism and Hospitality industry.
- If you decide that you wish to continue onto further study there is the opportunity for you to progress to 2nd year of HND Hospitality Management (as long as you have achieved the mandatory 15 credits required for entry to this course)
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here