This is a full-time course over the academic year. SVQ Level 3 Professional Cookery is designed to further develop the skills you gained in SVQ Level 2 Professional Cookery. This course will allow you to develop advanced skills in a professional kitchen.
You will gain skills in complex meat, poultry and fish preparation as well as hot kitchen training providing menus for our training restaurants in the evening. You will also learn Patisserie where you will produce complex dishes for service. The course will give you the hands-on skillset you need to succeed in further cookery training at the next level of your development.
You are encouraged to find employment during your course to further develop your skills and put into practice what you have learnt.
- Larder Section: Advanced butchery skills in meat, poultry and fish preparation
- Hot Kitchen Training: Cooking and finishing complex dishes with fish, meat and poultry
- Patisserie Section: Hot and Cold desserts, pastries, bread and Dough products and chocolate work
- Although there is no mandatory placement requirement for this course you are recommended to seek work experience within the catering and hospitality industry to support your studies. Your course tutor can assist you in finding suitable work experience.
How Course Is Assessed:
- On-going basis through the following methods - Portfolios, Projects, Practical observations
Number of Days per week:
- Professional Cookery City and Guilds Level 2 or equivalent craft qualifications
- Relevant industry experience will be taken into account
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- You will be invited to an interview/information session to take part in a practical exam which will consist of a skills test with a mystery basket of ingredients
Help find your perfect career with Career Coach
- Assistant Chef and chef de partie in hotels, restaurants, industrial catering and public houses
Download our progression route map here
- HNC Professional Cookery
- HND Hospitality Management
Use our Funding Tool to assist you with financial support
Fees - Information about funding can be found here