Year 2 Retail Management - This course follows on from year 1 and continues to cover a wide range of areas relevant to the retail industry. You are encouraged to seek employment opportunities within the industry to keep up to date with industry standards and skills while developing your theoretical knowledge in College - fantastic on-going career development within the industry.
The course is designed to build on the skills/knowledge gained in HND year 1 in preparing you for a managerial career in the retail industry. The course includes the processes and procedures you would follow on a daily basis to effectively manage and run your own retail store. You will develop essential staff management skills which will enable you to effectively manage and coordinate in-store activities enabling you and your team to not only achieve but exceed company demands.
You will be taught by lecturers with many years of retail experience with a thorough knowledge of the day-to-day demands of managing retail outlets. Whether you progress to further studies at a university or with an employer you will be well-grounded in the skills knowledge and attributes that are essential for a successful career in retail today. There will be opportunities for you to participate in a programme of visits and guest speakers giving you further insight into the industry.
Year 2 units -
- Consumer Behaviour and the Marketing Process
- Financial Accounting Statements
- Store Design
- Retail Corporate Image
- Retail Management Graded Unit 2
- Contemporary Issues in Retailing
- Managing an Event
- Managing and Working with People
- Principles of Retail Buying
Although there is no mandatory work placement you are encouraged to seek experience/employment within the retail industry to support your studies - your course tutor can help you to find a suitable work placement/employment. .
For entry to Year 2 you must hold an HND Year 1 in Retail with 15 credits
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- The course is assessed on an on-going basis through the following methods -
- Open book
- Closed book
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Applicants will be invited in for an interview
Progression And Articulation Routes
Heriot Watt University:
- B.A. (Hons) Fashion Womenswear
- B.A. (Hons) Fashion Marketing with Retail
- B.A. (Hons) Fashion Menswear
- B.A. (Hons) Fashion Communication
- B.A. (Hons) Fashion
University of Stirling:
- B.A./B.A. (Hons) Retail Marketing
- Employment opportunities - In store operations merchandising and buying. Employment in the retail industry at supervisory or managerial level. Progression to degree-level courses in Retail Management or Business Management
Course Cost And Funding Options