WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines - this course is suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
This qualification is aimed at those wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on their introductory knowledge gained through the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You will gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown and the style of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you'll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot noir
- The style and quality of wines
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
There are no entry requirements but you must be of legal drinking age in this country - however, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the course
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- A one hour closed book examination comprised of 50 multiple choice questions
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
What's included -
course materials produced by WSET
tasting wines (approx. 45 wines)
tuition and hand-outs
paper, marking by WSET and a certificate and lapel pin for passing.
Not included - Students must bring 6
ISO wine tasting glasses with them to each tutorial
Progression And Articulation Routes
On successful completion of the examination you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
Students who successfully pass the level 2 Award in
apply for the WSET level 3 award in wines
Within the Hospitality industry
- 1 day per week for 9 weeks
- Time 2-4pm
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £325 Granton part-time (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...