This unit will develop your communication skills appropriate to middle-level posts in business. It`s also the entry level for certain courses in Higher Education making it an essential platform for further development. You`ll cover all the essential areas of Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
There are eight assessments, three of which you come into the College to sit. This unit together with Literature 1 may be accepted by some institutions as equivalent to SQA Higher English - which is often required to access a wide range of further studies.
- How to analyse and evaluate complex written and spoken communications
- How to produce complex written communications
- How to deliver and participate in complex spoken communications
How Course Is Assessed:
- The course is assessed by eight internal assessments three of which you will come into college to sit.
Number of Days per week:
- Self-study with attendance on prescribed dates to sit assessments.
- You should have achieved a grade A/B at National 5/Intermediate 2 English or a pass in Communication at SCQF Level 5.
English Proficiency Requirements:
- HNC programme of your choice within Edinburgh College
- Apply for degree-level studies
- Seek employment
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £200 Open Learning open-learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...