The Higher German course enables learners with previous knowledge of the language to understand and use German at a level which will enable them to apply knowledge and understanding on regularly encountered topics within the contexts of society, culture, learning and employability.
During the course, learners will consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing, speaking and translation. Grammar aspects will be studied within topical contexts and classroom interaction in the language will be an important aspect of the course.
This course is available as a part-time, class-based course or on-line, as a distance learning course.
Course Fees: £275 (approx.). Fees will be confirmed when an application has been processed.
- Consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking
- Translation within the four contexts, covering topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs, and other cultural aspects of the language
How Course Is Assessed:
Number of Days per week:
- This course runs for a total of 15 weeks.
- The part-time, class-based course runs either once or twice a week (depending on demand) on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 1:30 pm to 4 pm
- The on-line, distance learning course is delivered through the College’s virtual campus Moodle and offers regular contact with the course tutor, either at College, via Skype or over the phone.
- This course requires the ability to study independently and applicants should identify clearly the reason for studying their chosen subject in their course application.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements:
- An interview may be necessary if candidate has achieved a qualification equivalent to SCQF level 5
- Further study employment and/or training
- Advanced Higher German
- Other SQA qualifications in German or related areas
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £260 Sighthill part-time (year 1)Fee: £260 Open Learning open-learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...