This course is ideal for students wishing to progress to a higher level in their understanding writing and speaking of the Italian language.
National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher qualifications, accredited by the SQA, are typically studied at high school and college. These qualifications act as pathways to further study including university entry. Edinburgh College offers a selection of subjects at National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher level on a part time basis. You may choose to study up to two subjects.
For classes taking place during the day you come to college twice a week for a two hour class. For evening classes you come to college or an outreach location within the community once a week for a 3 hour class.
Course Fees: £275 (approx.) per subject. Fees will be confirmed when application has been processed.
- Understanding Language
- Using Language
How Course Is Assessed:
- Continuous assessment and SQA external exam
Number of Days per week:
- Italian at SCQF National 4 level or equivalent
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work at an appropriate level by having already achieved a pass at A or B in the level below which they are applying for.
- National 5 (SCQF 5) subjects - pass at National 4 (with added value unit), Intermediate 1 at A or B, or Standard Grade 3 or 4 in the subject.
- Higher (SCQF 6) subjects - A or B pass at National 5 or A or B at Intermediate 2 in the subject.
- Advanced Higher (SCQF 7) subjects - A or B pass at Higher
- For entry to social science subjects such as Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, History and Politics previous study of the subject is not required. However, National 5 English is required plus another social subject at SCQF level 5.
The above represents the minimum entry requirements.
These courses are challenging and require the ability to study independently. Applicants should identify clearly the reason for studying their chosen subject in their course application.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Fees - Information about funding can be found here
Fee: £260 Open Learning open-learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...