Interested in a career in the aviation industry? As Scotland’s capital college we are excited to offer this brand new course focused on developing and enhancing the knowledge and skills required for gaining employment within the growing aviation sector.
We are fortunate to have Scotlands busiest airport right on our doorstep. Edinburgh Airport serves 130 destinations with 188 routes and carries over 12.4 million passengers yearly. These figures are continuing to grow year on year. Would you like to be part of it? Come and study with us on our brand new NQ Cabin Crew and Airport Operations course.
You will study a variety of subjects from working as Cabin Crew and Airport Ground Operations to learning about how to deliver excellent customer care and preparing you for the selection process. This course is focused on the operation of airlines both on the ground and in the air.
- Airport Ground Operations
- Working as Air Cabin Crew
- Air Travel Reservations
- Customer Care in the Aviation Industry
- Global Airline Destination geography
- Preparation for Employment for Air Cabin Crew and Passenger Service Agents
- You will have to attend an industrial visit to Edinburgh Airport.
- A minimum requirement of 5 National 4s to include English and Maths or Communications, and Numeracy or equivalent and 2 National 5s to reflect that some of the course content is delivered at level 6
- Relevant experience will also be considered
Although the following are not required for the study of this course many airlines will impose some or all of the following restrictions:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be taller than 5 feet 2 inches (this is for Cabin Crew only and can vary between airlines)
- You must hold a valid EU passport and the right to work in the UK
- You must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Some airlines and handling agents may also require additional criteria to be met. This may include restrictions such as visible tattoos and piercings
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Role Play
- Open and closed book exam style assessments
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Candidates will be asked to attend an information session and a short interview.
Progression And Articulation Routes
This course is designed as an employability and employer led course and would not normally lead to progression onto a higher level course. Individual performance would be considered if a student wished to progress onto the HNC/D Travel and Tourism course.Download our progression route map here
Successful completion of this course will provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake employment as Air Cabin Crew or Airport Operations staff within a busy airport. Many of our students from other tourism courses have secured successful employment in a variety of roles with airlines and handling agents such as Virgin Atlantic British Airways Emirates EasyJet Jet2.com Swissport International Menzies Aviation and many more at a variety of international airports.
Number Of Days Per Week/Day Of The Week/Time Of The Day
- Three full days per week.
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...