Management and Leadership CMI Certificate is designed for middle managers and those aspiring to become senior management. This course will develop your leadership skills and you will gain up-to-date knowledge and understanding in a range of related topics including; recruitment, managing stakeholders, decision making and performance management.
You will be required to achieve 13 credits in order to complete this course. You can later build on the certificate and work towards the full Diploma. For more information visit the Chartered Management Institute website here. On successful completion of the Diploma you can progress to the third year of BA Business Enterprise at Edinburgh Napier University or the CMI Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership.
For further information please contact the College t: 0131 669 4400
- Managing Team and Individual Performance
- Meeting Stakeholder and Quality needs
- Organisational Financial Management
- Managing Recruitment Selection
- Induction Being a Leader
- Certificate level studies in management or a related subject
- Mature/experienced managers are accepted on the basis of current or recent work experience
- We welcome your application if you are currently unemployed and feel that you match the requirements
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed through practical and written assignments.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Third year of BA Business Enterprise at Edinburgh Napier University
- CMI Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
- Career in management
- Promotion at work
- One evening per week - Tuesday 17.45 - 20.45
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £899 Sighthill evening (year 1)
Scott came to College to change his career following an injury which prevented him from working in his previous role. Following three years of study, he graduated and was awarded the Chair’s Award for Academic Excellence in Tourism, Hospitality and Business, and has already started working as a HR Administrator for NHS Education. Scott says:
“Returning to education with three children and a mortgage seemed crazy yet, it was the best option I had. The best thing about studying at Edinburgh College was the culture and the people. The course and the teaching were centred on the students which made learning effective and enjoyable. It created a cohesive team-like environment in which I made many friends.”
Read more of our student stories here.
This course will start on…
This course will end on...