Leigh Anderson is 25 years old. She lives in Edinburgh and is currently studying for her VTCT Level 2 in Beauty Therapy. Leigh is one of the award winners receiving her accolade at the Edinburgh College Prize Giving ceremony this evening. Here she tells us about her time at Edinburgh College.
1. What made you choose Edinburgh College for your studies?
It’s local and it has a great reputation for beauty therapy.
2. What were you doing before starting at the college?
I was on maternity leave, looking after my baby boy (who is now a toddler).
3. What has been the best thing so far about studying at Edinburgh College? Any highlights?
I have loved meeting lots of new people of all different ages and backgrounds. The highlight for me is realising my potential and this has given me more confidence in myself.
4. Have you faced any challenges, either before starting or during your studies? How did you overcome them?
It was a challenge balancing being a student with work and family life at the start so I quit my job in order to spend more time with my son and focus on my studies.
5. If you could give one piece of advice to a student starting at the college now, what would it be?
Make the most of the opportunity you have been given!
6. What are your plans for the future? Are you going on to further study after college or into employment? What is your end goal?
I’m going on to study level 3 Beauty Therapy next year with my end goal being to do HND and to work in the beauty industry.
7. Do you have any messages for the lecturers?
Thank you for all your support. You have all been amazing!
8. Looking back, is there anything you would do differently?
I would have more confidence in what I was doing.
9. What are you most proud of that you have achieved while studying at Edinburgh College?
Being nominated for this award is a massive achievement! Also, making the best of my studies whilst maintaining a good family life balance.