Edinburgh College Photography students have captured the imagination of the judges at the country’s top competition for young photographers, winning eight awards at the British Institute of Professional Photography (BIPP) National Student Awards.
BA student Gabriella Pieniazek was named Student Photographer of the Year for 2018 for her collection entitled ‘The Hollow Men’, while Audrey Peddie, a fellow BA student, was crowned winner of the Commercial category for her ‘Fishing off Pittenweem’.
Lecturer Jon Lee said: “We are delighted so many of our students won at the BIPP Awards 2018. The follow in the footsteps of our many alumni, helping us promote the quality of photography delivered at Edinburgh College.”
Edinburgh College winners:
- Student Photographer of the Year 2018 – Gabriella Pieniazek (BA)
- Winner of the Commercial category – Audrey Peddie (BA)
- Merit in the Commercial category – Gavin Smart (HND)
- Merit in the Commercial category – Sarah Newman (BA)
- Runner Up in the Visual Arts category – Audrey Peddie (BA)
- Merit in the Visual Arts category – Gavin Smart (HND)
- Joint Runner Up in the Open category – Marta Drozdz (BA)
- Joint Runner Up in the Visual arts category – Erik Strakota (BA)
Congratulations to all of our students.