The Scottish Wider Access Programme (SWAP) is a great starting point for adult learners to progress to university. Edinburgh College runs 5 SWAP courses across our 4 locations in association with partner universities, making it easier than ever to get your foot on the ladder of higher education.
Who is SWAP aimed at?
These courses are designed if you have few or no formal qualifications and have been out of full-time education for at least 3 years (5 years if studied Highers or a Higher National course or similar level).
SWAP Access courses provide you with an alternative route into higher education and are designed to give you intensive academic preparation as well as the opportunity to develop the skills and confidence you need for entry into higher education through recognised progression routes at Colleges or Universities in Scotland.
It is a great access course for those who have been out of touch with education for a while and will help get them back into the swing of things. If you thought that studying and exams were a barrier to university, SWAP can help build your confidence and study skills so you hit the ground running at university.
So if you:
- Want a career change or direction
- Have been made redundant and are looking for a new avenue
- Are interested in a specific area but have no previous qualifications
A SWAP course is ideal for you.
Check out the list of SWAP courses Edinburgh College provides:
- Life Sciences Access Course
- Physical Science Access Course
- Access to Engineering NC
- Arts, Social Sciences and Primary Teaching Access
- Languages with Business Access
- Languages, Arts and Social Sciences Access