International Fees and Refund Policy
Financial considerations are one of the most important issues when considering studying abroad. As well as the international tuition fees, you will need to factor in the cost of living in the United Kingdom during your studies.

EU, EEA or Swiss nationals who are ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ in the UK are eligible to apply for home tuition fees in 2021/2022, providing they meet the residency conditions.

Tuition fees and refund policy for August 2021 (Course start date: 30 August 2021)

Tuition fees for Academic Year 2021/22
Course start date: 30 August 2021

​Progression Options
​English Language
General English as a foreign language
(ESOL General English)
£6,000 (full year)
£3,300 (1 Semester

​A range of courses are available
depending on qualifications.
​Academic English 
(NQ ESOL for study level 6)
​Preparing you for necessary language
skills to study in Higher Education.
​Introductory & Access Courses
(SCQF level 6)
​HNC – Higher National Certificate
(SCQF level 7)
​See course options on our website
​£7,200 (full year)
£3,600 (1 Semester)
​Progression to HNC is dependent on a
good pass at Introductory / Access
HNC – Higher National Certificate
(SCQF level 7) / HND year 1
HND – Higher National Diploma
(SCQF level 8)
See course options on our website
​Progression to HND is dependent on
successful completion of the HNC. You
can also progress to Year 1 or 2 of a
university degree.
​​​HND – Higher National Diploma year 2
(SCQF level 8) 
​See course options on our website
​You can progress to Year 2 or 3 of a
related university degree.

Please note that advertised fees are subject to change and cover tuition only.  These do not include additional costs (eg. accommodation, course materials)

Payment of Tuition Fees

If you are offered a place, you will be sent a Conditional Offer letter. At this stage, you will be asked to pay the tuition fees in full to confirm you accept the study offer, and you intend to study at Edinburgh College.

You can pay by bank transfer, major credit card, GBP cheque or bankers draft; or in cash (if in the UK).

In addition to fees, you may be required to pay some other costs, for example, core textbooks, specialist equipment (depending on your course). Please ask us about additional costs.

Fees for 2022/23 may be subject to change.

Western Union

International Student Fees can be paid using our international payments platform: WU® GlobalPay for Students.

This fast and reliable service allows you to pay in your local currency via bank transfer or by using a wide range of local online payment options including Alipay, UnionPay, India NetBanking and more without incurring any transaction charges. 

Watch the video to find out more

  • Pay fees in your local currency
  • Avoid fees and international foreign exchange charges from your bank
  • Easy to use on smartphones and other mobile devices
  • Pay online or by bank transfer
  • Rest assured knowing your payments are received in full by Edinburgh College

Global Pay Logos

Home or International Fees Status

Like other publicly funded Scottish Colleges, Edinburgh College has different levels of course fees for students whose status is ‘home’ or ‘international’. Whether you are a ‘home’ or ‘international’ student for tuition fees purposes depends on whether you meet certain residency and immigration status criteria as set out in relevant legislation and policy guidance. To help you find out whether you are eligible for ‘home student’ fees status or whether you are an international fee-paying student, you can use the College’s Funding Tool.

If your circumstances are complex or you would like to know your Fees Status before applying for a course at Edinburgh College, please contact the International Team: or complete the following Fee Status Questionnaire which you can return with the supporting evidence requested. The International Team will then advise you of your fees status for the course you wish to apply for.

For further information about Fees Status in Scotland, you can also visit the UKCISA website (UK Council for International Student Affairs).

For students needing visas to study at Edinburgh College, UK Visas and Immigration require proof of maintenance to cover all living expenses. There are specific immigration rules and guidance about finances depending on your study visa type. Please see further detailed information on our Student Visas page.

For further information please contact the College t: 0131 669 4400 | Terms of use and disclaimer
Text Size + - Background Colour Text Colour
Inverted Grey Simple Soft Red Blue Green Yellow Violet Default
Black Grey White Soft Red Blue Green Yellow Violet Default