Access and continuing education courses are designed to help you move on to further study or employment and get the most out of your college experience, whatever your learning needs.
Our courses aim to help you to
- make the jump from school to college
- return to education as an adult
- become more confident and independent in your learning
- plan your next step
- gain skills and qualifications to move on to another college course or into employment
You will work towards gaining SQA qualifications and you will
- develop skills in working with other people
- develop your learning and study skills
- improve your skills in teamwork and problem-solving
- improve your core skills in areas such as numeracy, ICT and communication
- develop employability skills
Many courses will give you opportunities to learn outside the classroom and develop practical skills, depending on the campus where your course is based. These include The John Muir Award, rural skills, bike maintenance, joinery, sports and creative arts.
Most courses also have work experience or volunteering placement. We also offer a range of part-time courses in the community including gardening, IT, communication skills, creative arts and sports.
Our Just Do It, Roots and Prince’s Trust Team Programme are designed to help you with employer engagement, job matching, and gaining work experience and will provide you with careers information. You will have the opportunity to complete a 12-week placement or study in specific sectors, such as the environment, games applications or childcare. You will have an allocated worker who will support and guide you through your journey.
Have a look at the Entry Level Map
to see what course is suitable for you.