This one-year course is aimed at school leavers and people
aged 16+ who received significant additional support at school and who would
like to improve skills and develop confidence. You may bring a
support worker with you to support your participation
at Edinburgh College.
This course is aimed at preparing you for further study at
SCQF Level 3. You will probably have attended a special school, received
an alternative curriculum or mainstream placement with a high level of support.
You will participate in SQA Units and Edinburgh College
courses at SCQF Level 2. These may include:
- Digital Skills
- Developing Skills in Creative Arts
- Enterprise Skills
- Personal and Social Development
- Skills and Experience for Volunteering
- Nature and the Environment
- Team Building
- Planning and Organising an Event
- There are no formal entry requirements
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Students will be assessed through classroom-based and practical activities.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Further courses at Level 3, such as Entry to Learning with
Vocational Routes taught at Edinburgh College
- Other full-time or part-time courses run by Access and
Continuing Education taught at Edinburgh College
- Community-based employment
- Supported employment
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...