This one-year course is aimed at school leavers aged 16+ who
received additional support at school or did not attend well, who would
like to improve their basic work skills and develop
confidence. This course includes first-hand experience in a work environment,
and you will participate in a two-week work placement. Options include
hospitality, practical skills for working outdoors or creative industries.
This course will allow you to develop group and
teamwork skills as well as prepare you for further study whilst enhancing your
SCQF Level 3 Units may include:
- Enterprise Skills
- Personal and Social Development
- Rural Skills
- Art and Design
- Vocational skills in your chosen area
(Hospitality, Practical Skills for Working Outdoors or Creative Industries)
- You will participate in a two-week work experience placement
and can volunteer, with support, in a small group in the local
community as part of this course.
- There are no formal entry qualifications.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
You will be invited to attend a meeting to ensure this is the correct course for you.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- This course will prepare you for further study or training at level 4
- Many further study courses taught at Edinburgh College
- This course is aimed to prepare you for further study but may lead to employment.
Course Cost And Funding Options
Edinburgh College has been very good for me as the staff
have been amazingly supportive and caring. I have been able to put my learning
into practice and develop my employability skills. If I was to
tell someone who was thinking about coming to college I would say that it has
been very good for me and a worthwhile experience.
Lewis Anderson, Entry to Learning student.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...