This course will help you in the transition from school or
college into work. You will learn all aspects of job seeking including CVs and
interview skills. There are plenty of opportunities for you to develop
independence, confidence and team working skills. You will have also the
opportunity to gain qualifications including core skills at SCQF level 3-5.
SCQF Level 4 Units may include:
- Employability Award
- Personal Awareness/ Self Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Enterprise & Customer Care
- Practical Tool Skills for Work
- Catering and Kitchen Skills
- Working with Others
- Forest Craft
- John Muir Award
You will complete a work experience placement for one day
per week. This will be supported by your
- There are no formal entry requirements
- Evidence of an ability to work at Level 3/4 would be an
advantage but is not essential
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through classroom-based written
assessments and a work experience observation report.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
You will be invited to attend a meeting to ensure this is a suitable course to meet your needs.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Higher-level course taught at Edinburgh College
- Preparation for Employment second steps taught at
- Opportunities to progress into employment or a Modern
- 3 days per week at Edinburgh College
- 1 day per week work experience
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...