This 18-week full-time course is aimed at people who would like to develop confidence and skills in order to apply for further study at Edinburgh College in Service Industries. This course will give you an insight into a working environment and you will gain essential skills needed for working in the service industry across several areas such as hospitality and retail. You will develop your employability and core skills in communication, teamwork and digital subjects. This course has an emphasis on personal development and social skills.
You will participate in College courses/SQA Units at SCQF Level 4. These may include:
- Digital Skills
- Employability Skills
- Personal and Social Development
- Team Building
- Client Care
- Personal Presentation
- Health and Wellbeing
- A work experience placement is not part of this course
- There are no formal entry requirements
- Applicants should be able to show that they are ready to engage in learning at this level of study within a college environment
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
Applicants will be invited to attend a meeting with course staff to identify learning and support needs and to ensure that this is the best course for them.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Further Edinburgh College courses in Service Industries, including Hairdressing Retail nd Hospitality
- Full-time or part-time courses run by Access and Continuing Education taught at Edinburgh College
- This course is designed for further study, but you may be able to apply for entry-level employment upon completion
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...