Architecture and Interior Design are emerging and growing industries. This NC will allow you to explore and experiment with the creative possibilities in the spaces, rooms and buildings that we surround ourselves within our day-to-day existence; and bring them to life.
You will be given an insight into innovative industry practices such as; exploring media handling, sustainable design and building regulations. Techniques will be practiced in Edinburgh College school of art studios. Here you will learn hands-on experience that will prepare you for further study. Through this technically challenging course you will develop your critical thinking, reflection and evaluation skills through a range of learning, teaching and assessments. This course encourages flexible and cooperative learning with others providing a unique working experience. Edinburgh College school of art pride themselves on exhibiting the exceptional work created by students throughout the year.
- We aim to provide candidates with opportunities to develop an awareness of how the subject specialisms Interior Design and Architecture can be successfully integrated to meet the requirement of changing industry requirements.
- You will develop specialist skills through a range of motivational learning, teaching and assessment styles to achieve your full potential by developing a positive attitude to your own learning; encouraging flexibility and working cooperatively with others and providing a unique holistic learning experience within specialist studios.
- Four National 5’s or UAL Level 2 or equivalent
- All applicants must submit a portfolio that demonstrates sound drawing skills and an understanding of the creative process in sketchbooks and larger scale imagery
- A good general understanding of the creative process from either school, college or previous study and experience
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- This is a practical studio-based course assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and attend an Applicant Session.
- Information on Digital Portfolios and Applicant Sessions will be sent to you after completing your online application form.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HNC/D Architecture or Interior Design courses
- University level of study in Architecture and Interior Design
- Careers in architecture or interior design
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...