Creative Media NC will develop your creative potential using both digital technology and traditional drawing. You will produce inspiring work and tap into the core elements of graphic animation, digital imaging and web design. This varied course will make sure you are prepared for further study of a whole range of arts and design courses.
Discover dynamic skills in art and design as you work in art studios and Mac laboratories dedicated to creative learning. Here you will learn the use of industry-standard software such as Photoshop Flash and Dreamweaver. Upon completion you will be fully equipped to progress in your creative journey towards a rewarding career in the creative industries.
- Art and Design: Expressive Drawing
- Art and Design: Animation Project
- Photography: Digital Imaging
- Art and Design: Design Activity
- Art and Design: Colour
- Art and Design: Exploratory
- Media Handling
- Art and Design: Project
- Art and Design: Life Drawing
- Design Studies: Location Drawing
- Art and Design: Creative 3D
- Art Form
- Art and Design: Web Project
- Art and Design: Personal Project
- Art and Design: Contextual Studies
- Art and Design: Digital Media
- Four National 5’s or UAL Level 2 or equivalent
- All applicants must submit a portfolio that demonstrates sound drawing skills and an understanding of the creative process in sketchbooks and larger scale imagery
- A good general understanding of the creative process from either school, college or previous study and experience
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- This is a practical studio-based course assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and attend an Applicant Session.
- Information on Digital Portfolios and Applicant Sessions will be sent to you after completing your online application form.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND Computer Arts and Design, HND 3D Animation, HND User Experience and other HNDs within the School of Art and Design
- Junior positions in art and design agencies
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...