Computer Arts and Design HND is a modern and forward-thinking course designed to develop your knowledge in digital design. On this immersive course you will use cutting-edge interactive technology in Edinburgh College school of art studios and Mac laboratories. This course is a step towards a fulfilling, creative and successful career in the computer art and design industry.
You will explore a broad range of computer arts subjects and philosophical ideologies through lectures and debates. During this course you will learn the use of vital creative software through tutorials and exercises. This training will ensure you have the correct level of skills and requirements needed to take a creative process from a concept to a finished product. Upon completion you will be qualified to apply for university creative degree courses or university degree studies in computer systems.
This course provides key employability skills that employers in the computer and art industry are seeking. Here you will interact with clients in order to understand, redefine and execute project briefs. Edinburgh is a creative hub and it is a gift to study art and design in such a cultured city. HND students will have the opportunity to exhibit their work in prestigious galleries for the general public, industry professionals and future colleagues to view.
- Development Drawing 1
- Digital Imaging 1
- Computer Arts and Design
- Compositing and Motion Graphics Animation 1
- Sculpture: An Introduction
- Art and Design Context
- 3D Animation
- Motion Studies
- Art and Design: Creative Project 1
- Graded Unit 1 Computer
- Arts and Design: Theory and Practice
- Creative Industries: An Introduction Interactive Media
- Typography: An Introduction
- Life Drawing 1
- Editing for New Media
- Digital Audio for A and D
- Motion Studies
- Life Drawing Portfolio
- Illustration Techniques: Project Professional Studies
- Art and Design: Group Work
- Web Design Project
- An Introduction to Philosophical Aesthetics
- Year one: Two Higher or University of Arts London (UAL) Level 2/3 or Foundation Diploma or SQA NC at SCQF Level 6
- Year two: Pass all 15 credits available at HNC Level
- You must submit a portfolio that demonstrates your advanced art and design skills and an understanding of the creative process
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed by portfolio submissions throughout the year
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and attend an Applicant Session.
- Information on Digital Portfolios and Applicant Sessions will be sent to you after completing your online application form.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Recognised entry to second and third year Scottish 4 year Degree, for example
- ECA Second-year entry
- Grays School of Art
- Napier and Abertay
- Recognised second-year entry to R.U.K 3 year Degrees
- Art director
- Concept artist
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...