Graphic and Digital Design NC is designed to develop your creative potential using digital technology. Immerse yourself in the world of design using Edinburgh College school of art studios and Mac laboratories. Core skills will be learnt in graphic design for print and web design through subjects such as Digital Imaging and Visual Communication. Here you will learn the use of industry-standard software.
You will develop your strong creative ideas and an understanding of the design process and industry and learn skills in research and investigation through sketchbook work. Various works of art will be created by yourself in a range of graphic design subjects. Upon completion you will be fully equipped and qualified to apply for further study of graphic and digital design at a higher level and progress in your creative journey towards a rewarding career in the creative industries.
- Graphic Design
- Creative Industries
- Art and Design: Creative Process
- Art and Design Project
- Art and Design Context
- Digital Imaging
- Visual Communication
- Design Production
- Digital Imaging Project
- Graphic Design Project
- Four National 5s or UAL Level 2 or equivalent
- Successful portfolio submission
- A good general understanding of the creative process from either school college or previous study and experience
- You must submit a portfolio that demonstrates your advanced art and design skills and an understanding of the creative process
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- This is a practical studio-based course assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and attend an Applicant Session.
- Information on Digital Portfolios and Applicant Sessions will be sent to you after completing your online application form.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- A range of higher-level Art and Design courses at Edinburgh College and other colleges and universities
- HND Visual Communications: Graphic Design
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...