THIS COURSE IS AVAILABLE TO SCHOOL PUPILS AGED 16 OR OVER
this course provides the perfect opportunity to develop life drawing elements towards a portfolio of artwork. This course will make sure you showcase your best work to support College and UCAS applications for Art and Design based courses. You will get to explore a variety of approaches media and techniques working from the life model focusing on drawing. You will learn both accurate rendering of the figure and a variety of expressive and mixed media approaches. You will also explore a whole range of different ideas about drawing by looking at artists works and learning to appreciate different ways of seeing or interpreting the figure - essential research for your ongoing development as an artist. This course offers SCQF Level 5 units which will really support your progression onto exciting further studies in art.
- Life Drawing
- How to Build an Art Portfolio
- Mixed Media Approaches
- Seeing and Interpreting the Figure
- Research Skills
Studying National 5, Higher or Advanced Higher in Art & Design, Photography, Craft and Technology or Graphic Communication.
English Proficiency Requirements
Progression And Articulation Routes
- UAL level 3 Diploma Art and Design
- UAL Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
- In conjunction with Highers at school this course will allow students to make University applications for entry to year 1 at Scottish Art Colleges
- 1 day per week. Wednesday 17.00-19.00