The University of the Arts London (UAL) Level 3 Diploma is designed to develop your knowledge of fashion and textiles in order to progress onto further study or a job within the arts industry. This a practical and studio-based course that will teach you specialist skills which can lead to further study of Textiles HND taught at Edinburgh College.
This course will encourage you to build a personal portfolio which can be used to apply for further study or a job in the arts sector. You will learn essential skills and knowledge needed to pursue a career as a designer, artist or craftsperson. This course can also lead to opportunities in marketing, PR, retail or manufacturing. You will learn subjects in; Techniques and Materials, Concepts and Influences, Visual Recording and Communication. You will complete challenging assignments within deadlines and attend weekly Critical and Contextual Studies. These skills will be vital for your future career or higher-level of study.
Regular visits to galleries, museums and university and college open days will be available. As well as this there will be a trip to historical and contemporary fashion textile exhibitions in London. This course will finish with your final major project which can be displayed at our end of year show.
- Develop a critical and contextual awareness of different perspectives and approaches within Fashion and Textile design or related subjects of study or work
- Learn how to research analyse and evaluate relevant information and ideas in order to develop creative solutions
- Be able to understand adapt and safely use appropriate and practical methods and skills for creative production
- Solve complex problems through the application of art design or related practical theoretical and technical understanding
- Critically review the effectiveness and appropriateness of methods actions and results
- Use evaluative and reflective skills in order to take responsibility for own learning development and decision making
- Take responsibility for the research planning time management and actions to access progression opportunities
- Effectively present your ideas and artwork to appropriate audiences
- London Study trip
- Present personal project work at the end of year Diploma Exhibition
- Four National 5’s or above including Art and Design and English (or equivalent)
- UAL Level 2 Diploma or NC SCQF Level 5 in a related subject
- You must submit a portfolio of practical artwork that demonstrates creative potential
- A good general understanding of the creative process from either school college or previous study and experience
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Continual assessment of Fashion and Textile work
- You will gain an overall final grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and attend an Applicant Session.
- Information on Digital Portfolios and Applicant Sessions will be sent to you after completing your online application form.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Year one at Scottish art colleges
- UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
- HND Textiles
- Various HND’s in Art and Design
- Various positions in the fashion and textile industry at junior level
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...