User Experience Design NC is an immersive, modern and forward-thinking course designed to introduce you to the skills and knowledge needed to progress in the User Experience (UX) Design industry. This course is a strand of graphic design and Visual Communications and focused primarily on how people use digital products. During this course you will learn an introduction to UX Design with a primary focus on app and web design as well as motion graphics.
Discover dynamic skills in UX design as you work in Edinburgh College school of art studios and Mac laboratories dedicated to the sector. You will be introduced to state-of-the-art software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and After Effects. These will be taught through class tuition and online tutorial support. This course will prepare you for further education at HND and university level. This course will encourage you to build a personal portfolio which can be used to apply for further study or a job in the UX design sector.
- User Experience Design
- Animation and Motion Graphics
- Digital Imaging?
- Web Design
- App Design
- Graphic Design
- Audio Visual Software
- Four National 5’s or UAL Level 2 or equivalent?
- You must submit a portfolio of practical artwork that demonstrates creative potential in sketchbooks and larger scale imagery
- A good general understanding of the creative process from either school college or previous study and experience
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- This is a practical studio-based course assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- All applicants are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and attend an Applicant Session.
- Information on Digital Portfolios and Applicant Sessions will be sent to you after completing your online application form.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Your portfolio will support applications to the HND User Experience course or other UAL Diplomas and specialist HNDs in Art and Design
Junior positions with the Design industry
Course Cost And Funding Options
Niamh Curran has been named Star Creative Student at the Marketing Society Star Awards.
Twenty-year-old Niamh beat off stiff competition from other college and university students across Scotland to be crowned the winner. After wowing the panel with her design work, Niamh headed along to the awards ceremony with Edinburgh College lecturers Helena Good and Chris Hughes, where she was announced as the winner and presented with the award by sponsor The Union marketing agency.
As a result of the award, Niamh will do a paid work placement with The Union marketing agency in the summer. Niamh said:
“I couldn’t believe it when I was shortlisted for this award. The project is unique because you have to initially do a written submission and, after being told I was horrendous at English in school and getting an F in my English exam, it was such a surprise that my written submission was shortlisted.”
Read more of our student stories here.
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...