This Higher level course is for anyone who is interested in working on the production side of digital media. You should have some experience of technical elements of audio and video, and be looking to upgrade your skills across a range of study areas. You will study Radio Production and Audio Editing, which includes the opportunity to do studio work. You will also do Sound for Single Camera, Location Lighting, Video Editing as part of major video production. Much of your course will be project-based, including the opportunity to do an Animation unit. Throughout the year you will be able to build a strong portfolio and skills that should enable you to apply for HND level study in Radio, Television, Media or Audio Visual Technology.
- A minimum of three passes at SCQF Level 5, preferably in a related area
- A portfolio of work that shows your areas of interest and your skillset
- You should already be working at SCQF Level 4 and have a proven interest in a broad range of Digital Media
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
You will be assessed through practical assignments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
You will be asked to complete an information form that gives us an idea of your creative interests and any portfolio/ video work you may wish to submit.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND Audio Visual Technology
- HND Creative Industries: Television
- HNC Radio
- Entry level jobs in the digital and industry
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...