Get started in the media. Learn camera skills, editing, writing, graphic design, sound recording and lighting. The course is a full time, project-based and will introduce you to the fundamentals of media production in the three main areas of the industry – technical, production and creative. You will gain practical experience in researching, planning and producing content for podcasts, websites, social media, advertisements, short film and television programmes.
Through developing your own projects you’ll gain insight into the creative process and standard industry procedures with the eventual aim of acquiring a job in the industry.
This course is an ideal foundation for HND Television and also offers progression into other Creative Industries courses.
- Scriptwriting for different media
- Creative technical skills including camera, sound, lighting, editing and graphics for media
- Content development for different media platforms and products, including podcasting, social media, web development and video
- Presentation skills
- Minimum of three passes at SCQF Level 5
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through both practical, written and project-based assignments
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND Creative Industries: Television
- HND Audio Visual technology
- HNC Radio
- Entry-level job in the media industry
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...