THIS COURSE IS FOR S5 & S6 PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This course is aimed at S5 and S6 pupils who have an interest in working in the Creative Industries and wish to gain experience and qualification in this area while still at school. The NPA in Film and Media will give you an insight into working in areas such as film, publishing, TV, radio and the visual arts. The course is made up of a mixture of practical and theoretical units. You’ll have fun, learn new skills, explore different creative media and meet and work with other like-minded young people. The qualification will support applications to college or university courses in related subjects.
- Film and the Film Industry
- Content Development for Media
- Technical Skills for Media
- Storytelling for the Creative Industries
- An Introduction to the Media Industry
- Two relevant National 5 Qualifications
- Students will be expected to demonstrate a good standard of written and spoken English
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in and knowledge or experience of the film and media industries
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Project work, practical exercises, some written and oral assessment, no exams
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions. You will be notified in advance of the details.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HNC in Creative Industries
- HNC Media and Communications
- Entry-level positions in film, tv, radio, and other media, for example, production runner.
- 2 afternoons Tuesday and Thursday 1:30 - 4PM