If you love watching videos on YouTube or listening to podcasts and want to know how to do that, and do it well, this short 18-week course is a great place to start. As modern technologies develop so fast, it’s hard to keep up and prepare yourself to work in the creative industries.
Did you know that they make more money for the UK economy than almost any other area of work? And that job numbers are increasing every year? If you want to make television programmes, radio programmes or be part of digital culture, this course will give you a basic grounding in audio, video and still images.
You’ll be working in teams to create a variety of projects and start to build your portfolio. Successful completion of this course will allow you to progress to Level 5 study in our January start course Digital Media for the Creative Industries which is also 18 weeks finishing in June.
- Digital Media: Audio
- Digital Media: Moving Images
- Digital Still Images
- Creative Industries: Project Planning
- Introduction to Television & Film
- Creative Analysis
- Creative Industries Project
- Team working
- You should already be working at SCQF Level 4 and have a proven interest in a broad range of Digital Media
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through a practical work project and written assignments
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be asked to complete an information form that gives us an idea of your creative interests and any portfolio/video work you may wish to submit
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Further study in the Creative Industries
- NPA Digital Media for the Creative Industries at SCQF Level 5 which is also an 18-week course starting in January
- 3 days per week for 18 weeks
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...