This Introduction to Photography September start 18-week course will take you through the basics of photography focusing on both the technical and creative aspects of image-making. You will learn the fundamental skills of photography and learn how to get the most out of your camera, whilst exploring compositional techniques and visual elements. You will also learn how to download your images and carry out basic editing using Adobe Photoshop.
Students will work from tutor-led briefs and are directed through camera capture to the final image for screen or print. The course culminates with a mini project brief where students will create their own portfolio using the techniques and skills learnt.
Taught mainly at college in our post-production suites, students will also be expected to carry out self-directed study.
Access to your own digital SLR camera would be advantageous but not essential.
Ideal for the complete beginner wishing to explore a new hobby or those wanting to progress onto higher levels.
- Camera operation
- Basic Editing
- Mini Project
- A minimum of three passes at SCQF Level 4.
- Access to camera equipment would be useful.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Through practical and written assignments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will attend an information session.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- NPA Photography level 5 Jan start, Intro to Photography Jan start, or Foundation Photography
- Progression to higher-level courses on completion and application.
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £337 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...