The Basic Photography course introduces both the technical and creative aspects of photography. Students will be taught how to plan, creatively develop and produce a bespoke portfolio in respect of their chosen progression.
Students work from tutor-led briefs and are directed through camera capture to the final image for screen or print. Taught mainly at college in our studios and post-production suites, there will also additional trips out to various locations to make it more exciting.
There are opportunities and scope to grow both soft and hard skills.
Please see below for entry requirements.
- Basic Camera
- Printing Images
- Practical Camera Operations
- A minimum of three passes at SCQF Level 4.
- Access to camera equipment would be useful.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Through practical and written assignments.
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will attend an information session.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- NPA Photography level 5 Jan start, Intro to Photography Jan start, or Foundation Photography
- Progression to higher-level courses on completion and application.
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £337 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start on…
This course will end on...