This course is designed for managers who want to further their training in health and safety. This course will give managers an understanding of why incidents occur and a basic understanding of risk assessment procedures. This course will set managers up for further professional study.
This is a 4-day course involving tutoring, exercises, video content, a test, and a project at work.
This course will allow managers to progress on to the NEBOSH Certificate which can also be studied at Edinburgh College.
Your employer may be entitled to funding towards this course find out more here: www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/fwdf
The course will cover:
- Principles of accident prevention
- Common and statute law
- Health and safety management systems
- Practical risk assessment – techniques and control
- Workplace hazards such as fire electricity COSHH noise and work equipment
- Accident causation and investigation
- Audit and review
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- The course is assessed by a project and a multiple choice assessment paper
- A certificate is awarded when the course study is concluded and the assessments are completed satisfactorily
Progression And Articulation Routes
- 2 days per week over 2 weeks
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £520 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start on…
- Group A - Sighthill Campus - Monday 8th November at 8:30 AM (2021)
This course will end on...