This course is designed for employees at any level within a manual job (e.g. factory or construction worker) who require a basic grounding in health and safety. This course will introduce staff to why health and safety are important and how it can make a difference to their wellbeing at work. The IOSH Working Safely course will set employees up for further professional study.
This course is studied through classroom learning part-time, 1 day per week, incorporating tutoring, exercises, video content and a test.
This course will allow employees to progress on to the IOSH Managing Safely course which can also be studied at Edinburgh College.
Your employer may be entitled to funding towards this course find out more here: www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/fwdf
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting our environment
- No minimum entry requirements
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Assessment via a multi-format question paper and a multiple choice hazard spotting exercise
- IOSH Working Safely is now recognised by CSCS as equivalent to a Level 1 Award in health and safety in a construction environment.
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £176 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
This course will start on…
- Group E - Sighthill Campus - Thursday 23th September at 8:30 AM (2021)
This course will end on...