Introduction to Science is a full-time course taught at Edinburgh College’s Sighthill campus. This course is designed to prepare you for further study in Science related subjects. On this exciting introductory course, you will discover why Science could be the right career path for you. You will study a variety of topics across a range of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects.
Our Science department offers you the opportunity to study in purpose-built laboratories. These will support the development of your general and specialist practical skills whilst enhancing your theoretical understanding of science.
The majority of our courses will be delivered online only for the beginning of 2021. A limited number of courses will have classes on campus. You will be contacted by your lecturer if your course will include any face-to-face classes on campus.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on each unit
- All units within the course must be achieved in order to gain the full award
- You will be tested on your theoretical and practical skills
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Applied Science NC Level 5 available to study at Edinburgh College
- Other SCQF Level 5 courses in alternative subject areas
- Careers options within STEM industries and in STEM-related areas are increasing with employers often requesting STEM skills as an entry requirement. This means that a broad range of opportunities are opened to you by studying and progressing through STEM courses.
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
- Monday 30/08/2021
- Monday 10/01/2022
This course will end on...
- Friday 21/01/2022
- Thursday 30/06/2022