Sceince for Health Studies Level 4 is a full-time course designed to prepare you for further study of Health or Science related courses. If you have limited qualifications and want to develop your numeracy, communication and science skills then this course is your first step towards a career in the health industry or towards applying for a university degree.
You will study units such as Biology, Chemistry and the Human body which will give you the knowledge needed to take the next step in your academic life.
This course is taught at Edinburgh College’s Sighthill campus. Our Science department offers you the opportunity to study in purpose-built laboratories. These will support the development of your general and specialist practical skills whilst enhancing your theoretical understanding of science.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- This course is assessed through a variety of methods including essays, reports, SQA national assessments and projects
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for an individual interview where you will be asked to complete a science aptitude test before acceptance onto the course
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Upon successful completion you will be academically prepared and eligible to study on a range of Level 5/6 courses offered at Edinburgh College
- You will be eligible to apply for NC Applied Science
- A career in the health and sciences industry
Course Cost And Funding Options