THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
This Childhood Practice course is part of Edinburgh College Schools and College Partnership provision. This is an introductory level course and covers skills and knowledge related to working in a range of Childcare professions.
This schools programme is also an ideal progression route to our full-time Level 4, Level 5 and other Childhood Practice courses at Edinburgh College.
This course is offered at our Granton and Sighthill campuses
For further information please contact Duncan Munro. You can contact Duncan at Duncan.Munro@edinburghcollege.ac.uk
Successful students will achieve the Skills for Work, Early Learning and Childcare Group Award at SCQF Level 4.
- Child Development
- Care of Children
- Working in Early Learning and Childcare
- There is no placement requirement for this course.
- There are no formal entry requirements however applicants should either be working towards or have achieved qualifications at National 4.
- We expect applicants to be enthusiastic and committed to working with children.
- You must be in full-time secondary education in order to apply for the course.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Continual Assessment using a variety of methods.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Childhood Practice: Level 5
- NC in Early Education & Childcare
This course is designed for you to progress onto further study and in itself will not lead to direct employment in a Childcare setting. Courses and qualifications that lead to SSSC registration and employment opportunities at Edinburgh College start at NC Early Education and Childcare (SCQF level 6) and HNC Childhood Practice (SCQF Level 7).
- This course is delivered on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 13.30 to 16.00.
- This course is offered at our Granton and Sighthill campuses