This is a ten-week evening course that gives attendees an introduction to British Sign Language (BSL) and Deaf Awareness. It is aimed at family, friends, health professionals and carers of those with hearing impairments.
- Numbers and colours
- Food and drink
- Occupations and hobbies
- Questions and basic conversations
- An interest in learning BSL
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- There is no official assessment. All students completing the course will receive an Edinburgh College certificate.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Tuesday evening for 10 weeks
- Group 1: 5.15 pm-6.45 pm + online resources and videos
- Group 2: 7pm- 8.30 pm + online resources and videos
Course Cost And Funding Options