THIS COURSE IS FOR SENIOR PHASE PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL. IT IS FREE AND OPEN TO ALL SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS ACROSS SCOTLAND.
This course aims to continue the development of your knowledge and competence in speaking writing reading and listening skills in the French language by extending your range of grammar and vocabulary.
Schools can contact Caroline Cordier. Curriculum Leader for Modern Languages, for further information about our delivery model.
- consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking
- translation within the four contexts, covering topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs, and other cultural aspects of the language
- National 4 French or equivalent
- Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions. You will be notified in advance of the details.
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Final exam: Pupils sitting SQA exams will be required to sit at school. Prelims can also be hosted at school.
Progression And Articulation Routes
Learning a language will prepare you for exciting opportunities in tourism, international business, government and further vocational study.
- Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoon, digital classroom (using Microsoft Teams).
- Open learning - Moodle self-study and scheduled Teams calls, possible access to digital classrooms if compatible with the timetable
"The course was very beneficial in developing a work ethic and motivation, which without a doubt is useful for higher education" (Adam, Tain Academy)
"Not only has my French improved massively, but I have developed a multitude of skills from doing this course, such as organisation, communication and self-motivation. Overall, it has been a very enjoyable and worthwhile experience" (Adam, Broxburn Academy)
"Overall I think I have gained more skills in independent working and also with technology, and I am now more open-minded to different ways of working and how to use the mass of different resources available" (Jennifer, Peebles High School)