THIS COURSE IS FOR S5 & S6 PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL. IT IS FREE AND OPEN TO ALL S5 & S6 SCHOOL PUPILS ACROSS SCOTLAND.
This course aims to continue the progressive development of your knowledge and competence of the Italian language by extending the range and complexity of the language.
Schools can contact Caroline Cordier. Curriculum Leader for Modern Languages, for further information about our delivery model.
- consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking
- translation within the four contexts, covering topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs, and other cultural aspects of the language
- Experience of the Italian language is required and a test may be carried out to assess level of knowledge
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Final exam: Pupils sitting SQA exams will be required to sit at school. Prelims can also be hosted at school.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Various Language degrees at HE
- Open learning - Moodle self-study and scheduled Teams calls, possible access to digital classrooms if compatible with timetable
"The course was very beneficial in developing a work ethic and motivation, which without a doubt is useful for higher education" (Adam, Tain Academy)
"Not only have my language skills improved massively, but I have developed a multitude of other skills from doing this course, such as organisation, communication and self-motivation. Overall, it has been a very enjoyable and worthwhile experience" (Adam, Broxburn Academy)
"Overall I think I have gained more skills in independent working and also with technology, and I am now more open-minded to different ways of working and how to use the mass of different resources available" (Jennifer, Peebles High School)