THIS COURSE IS FOR S6 PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL. IT IS FREE AND OPEN TO ALL S6 SCHOOL PUPILS ACROSS SCOTLAND.
This course will continue your development and knowledge of Spanish through increased exposure time to the language. This will give you the opportunity to acquire greater fluency, flexibility, accuracy and confidence. Advanced Higher language courses enable you to read, listen, talk and write in a modern language. You will apply advanced language skills in translation, understand a range of contexts, and read complex literary/media texts.
Schools can contact Caroline Cordier, Curriculum Leader for Modern Languages, for further information about our delivery model.
email - Caroline.Cordier@edinburghcollege.ac.uk
- consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing and speaking within the 4 contexts of society, learning, employability and culture
- translation skills
- essay-writing skills and analytical skills
- Minimum B passes in Higher Spanish. (C pass may be considered subject to interview)
- Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions. You will be notified in advance of the details
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Final exam: Pupils sitting SQA exams will be required to sit at school. Prelims can also be hosted at school.
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Various University Modern Language degrees
• Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoon, digital classroom (using Microsoft Teams).
• Open learning - Moodle self-study and scheduled Teams calls, possible access to digital classrooms if compatible with the timetable
"The course was very beneficial in developing a work ethic and motivation, which without a doubt is useful for higher education" (Adam, Tain Academy)
"Not only have my languages skills improved massively, but I have developed a multitude of other skills from doing this course, such as organisation, communication and self-motivation. Overall, it has been a very enjoyable and worthwhile experience" (Adam, Broxburn Academy)
"Overall I think I have gained more skills in independent working and also with technology, and I am now more open-minded to different ways of working and how to use the mass of different resources available" (Jennifer, Peebles High School)