The Higher Spanish course enables learners with previous knowledge of the language to understand and use Spanish at a level that will enable them to apply knowledge and understanding on regularly encountered topics within the contexts of society, culture, learning and employability.
During the course, learners will consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing, speaking and translation. Grammar aspects will be studied within topical contexts and classroom interaction in the language will be an important aspect of the course.
- consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking
- translation within the four contexts, covering topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs, and other cultural aspects of the language
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- Speaking exam (with the lecturer, around March/April) and final written SQA exam (at College, Sighthill campus, usually in May)
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- An interview may be necessary if you have achieved a qualification equivalent to an SCQF level 5
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Spanish Advanced Higher
- Other SQA qualifications in Spanish or related areas
- Further study, employment and/or training.
- This course runs for a total of 36 weeks
- Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoon, digital classroom (using Microsoft Teams).
- Open learning - Moodle self-study and scheduled Teams calls, possible access to digital classrooms if compatible with the timetable
Course Cost And Funding Options