Digital Design and Development HND will teach you several contemporary skills needed to work in the modern digital-design workplace. The digital landscape is constantly changing and this course offers you an up-to-date award that reflects recent developments within the sector. Your design potential will be pushed to a professional standard and your work could be part of the digital future. You will be taught by industry-experienced College lecturers and learn a diverse range of knowledge in; Web Development, Audio and Video Production, 3D Modelling, 2D Animation, Software Development, App Development and Arduino Development.
You will be introduced to project management, working in teams, User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design graphics for a variety of environments and get hands-on with Arduino development. Each subject area you cover is tailored towards jobs available in the industry to make sure you get the best education to progress towards a successful career. This course leads to second or third-year entry of university courses depending on your choice of university and course.
- Software Development
- UI and UX Design
- Graphics Creation using Adobe Software
- Audio and Video Production
- Project Management
- 2D and 3D Animation
- Web Development
- App Development
- Arduino Development
- For school leavers: Three C passes at Higher, one must be in English or you need to have Communications Core skill at Level 6
- For college learners: SCQF Level 6 pass in a relevant subject such as Digital Media or Computing
- For everyone else: All enquiries are welcome regardless of qualifications. Edinburgh College computing staff can assess where you can start or progress in your computing career and find the right course for you
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on your practical skills
- There will be some written assignments and multiple-choice tests
- There will be one exam
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- At interview, you will be asked to take part in a Skills and Experience screening exercise this will be on a computer
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Second, or third year of various university degree courses
- Employment in an interactive media role or related area
- Web and multimedia developer
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...