Digital Media Basics Computing National Progression Award (NPA) is fast track course taught over one semester. This course is designed for those needing to get up to speed quickly for higher level courses. You will gain the skills and entry requirements needed for further study of computing at Edinburgh College.
Discover digital subjects in digital media, audio production and video as well as essential computer skills. This course includes introductory subjects to a variety of digital software and applications. You will cover Photo Capture and Editing, Video Capture and Editing, Audio Production and Editing as well as grasp basic Microsoft packages such as Excel and Access. Following this course you will study semester two at a level above. This will allow progression onto courses such as NPA Cyber Security, Networking and Forensics, or NPA Software Development and Web. The two courses together include a gentle introduction to the Mathematics and basic file storage, management and programming for digital games.
- Digital Still Acquisition and Editing
- Video Acquisition and Editing
- Audio Acquisition and Editing
- Information Literacy
- For school leavers: Three National 4 passes
- For everyone else: All enquiries are welcome regardless of qualifications. Edinburgh College computing staff can assess where you can start or progress in your computing career and find the right course for you
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- The course is mainly assessed on your practical skills
- There will be some multiple-choice tests
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- At the interview, you will be asked to take part in a Skills and Experience screening exercise this will be on a computer
- Please bring along any qualification certificates
- Further course information will be provided by a lecturer on the course as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions
Progression And Articulation Routes
- NPA Internet Technology course taught at Edinburgh College
- NPA Cyber Security, Networking and Forensics
- NPA Software Development and Web
- Robotics and Control Systems taught at Edinburgh College
- CISCO Internet of Things taught at Edinburgh College
- 3 days per week (the course is 14 hours and could be distributed in any way across the week, but we aim to timetable as efficiently as possible)
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...