An associate degree course with Heriot Watt University , our take on Software Development HND is designed to equip you with a comprehensive range of computing and software development skills which are highly valued by the software industry.
This is a hands-on and practical course that will enhance your employability skills. Edinburgh College has strong industry connections with Edinburgh based digital companies. This course offers you an up-to-date award that reflects recent developments within the software development sector. Each specialist subject area you cover is tailored towards jobs available in the industry to make sure you get the best education to progress towards a successful career.
Upon completion you will be well-prepared for further study and be qualified to progress to university in year two or three depending on your course choice.
Edinburgh College has a partnership with Heriot Watt University and Edinburgh Napier University. to give,you third year entry to various courses.
- Software Development
- Project Management for IT
- SQL and Databases
- Computer Systems Fundamentals
- Troubleshooting Software Problems
- Team Working in Computing
- Software Development: Systems Foundations
- Systems Development: Introduction
- Professionalism and Ethics in Computing
- Software Development: Data Structures
- Software Development: Object Oriented Programming
- Systems Development: Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Software Development: Programming Paradigms
- Systems Development: Testing Software
- Systems Development: User Centred Design
- Mathematics, Calculus and Matrices
- Advanced Web Scripting Concepts
- Developing Mobile Web Based Applications
- For school leavers: Three Highers , one B grade pass in Computing, Mathematics or a Science and two other C Passes.
- For college learners: SCQF Level 6 course in Computing
- For everyone else: All enquiries are welcome regardless of qualifications. Edinburgh College computing staff can assess where you can start or progress in your computing career and find the right course for you.
English Proficiency Requirements
- IELTS 6.0 and Ideally no component below 5
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on your practical skills
- There will be some written assignments and multiple-choice tests
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to attend and interview where you will be asked to take part in a Skills and Experience screening exercise this will be on a computer
- Please bring along any qualification certificates
- Further course information will be provided by a lecturer on the course as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND Software Development year two taught at Edinburgh College
- Progress to the second or third year of various university degree courses after completing year two at College
- BSc (Hons) Computing, year 3 entry at University of Highlands and Islands
- Software engineer
- Software developer
- 2.5 days per week (approximately)
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...