Discover the world of software development as you are introduced to core industry concepts and skills in web development and digital media. This course is designed to be used as a progression towards further study of a specialist web development course. Upon completion you will gain an up-to-date award that reflects recent developments within the job market. You will explore practical and hands-on subjects taught at Edinburgh College’s state-of-the-art computer labs.
You will be taught by industry-experienced College lecturers and learn a diverse range of knowledge in; computer programming for apps, web development HTML and CSS, and media production such as graphics and video. Each subject area you cover is tailored towards jobs available in the industry to make sure you get the best education to progress towards a successful career.
- Web Development
- Software Development
- Games Programming
- Audio Acquisition and Editing
- Video Acquisition and Editing
- For school leavers: Six National 5’s at C grade passes or Intermediate 2’s
- For college learners: Progression from successful completion of a relevant Edinburgh College course
- For everyone else: All enquiries are welcome regardless of qualifications. Edinburgh College computing staff can assess where you can start or progress in your computing career and find the right course for you
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on your practical skills
- There will be some written course work and multiple-choice tests
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to attend an interview where you will be asked to take part in a skills and experience screening exercise this will be on a computer
- You should also bring along your certificates
- Further course information will be provided by a lecturer on the course as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions
Progression And Articulation Routes
- HND Web Development
- HND Digital Design
- HND Software Development
- HND Computer Science
- Software developer
- Software engineer
- Web and multimedia developer
- 2.5 days per week (approximately)
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...