The course aims to prepare you for the IELTS exam and to help you move up at least half a band level on the IELTS scale. This course will be fully online. During this 18-week course, you will attend Edinburgh College online for four hours a week. You will have three hours per week face to face online and 1 hour per week online course work to complete You will work towards preparing to take the IELTS exam through Edinburgh College (EC) units. This course is appropriate if you need an IELTS score of 6 or more to allow you to access university or to register with the General Medical Council. You will focus on developing your English language skills and learning techniques for the IELTS exam covering all aspect of the reading, writing, listening and speaking papers.
You will be expected to buy the course materials as specified by your tutor (approximately £45). The IELTS exam fee (approximately £160) is not included in the cost of the course.
IELTS Preparation course information
- English skills in reading writing, listening and speaking in an academic context
- Academic study skills
- Preparation for the IELTS exam
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- There will be regular assessment tasks throughout the course to monitor your progress including mock IELTS tests
- To take the IELTS test you need to register at a test centre
- Your tutor can give you advice on when you are ready to take the test and provide a registration form
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be asked to submit a test to check your language level and suitability for the course
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Gain your IELTS certificate at an approved centre
- Progress to university/further study. Gain medical registration
- On successful completion of this course, you will be ready to take the IELTS exam to gain medical registration if you are a practicing medical professional
- Two days per week - Tuesday and Thursday
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £246 Sighthill part-time (year 1)
Information about funding can be found here
This course will start on…
This course will end on...