Automation and Control NC (Level 6) is a full-time course taught at Edinburgh College’s Midlothian campus. The course is designed for those interested in pursuing a career in the industrial automation and measurement and control industry. During the course you will gain a broad understanding of automation and control including knowledge in Measurement Technology, Programmable Logic Controllers, Complex Control Systems and Robotic Systems.
The units you will study are designed to support you in advancing to further studies in this area. Successful completion of this course can also lead to a Measurement and Control, Industrial Automation or Electrical Engineering HNC. This course can also prepare you for an apprenticeship or employment.
You will be taught by staff with extensive experience in the measurement and control industry. You will also have access to Edinburgh College workshops and simulated rig where you will use up-to-date technology and equipment. The course is based in both the workshop and classroom ensuring you get a combination of practical and technical skills.
Edinburgh College works closely with many businesses and these connections can help you find part-time work to develop your practical and employability skills. The College will actively encourage and support you to seek relevant work experience.
- Robotic and Automated Systems
- Distributed Control Systems
- Computer Programming
- Control Valves and Positioners
- Engineering Measurement Technology
- Application of PLCs
- National 5 Maths or Physics or equivalent
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed at the end of each unit or project activity
- All units within the course must be achieved in order to gain the full award
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Electrical Engineering HNC
- BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- PDA Industrial Automation
- Measurement and Control HNC
- Engineering Systems HND/BEng
- Mechanical Engineering HND
Apprenticeship or entry level role
- Technician level engineering posts
- Automation Systems roles
- Control Systems engineer roles
- Renewables engineer roles
- Energy Systems engineering posts
- Apply for an applicable Modern Apprenticeship Scheme
Course Cost And Funding Options
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...