This course is designed as an introduction to the level 6 Foundation Apprentice courses in Business finance and Accounting. It will provide the relevant cores skills for business, administration and technology for employment and further study.
Pupils will develop problem solving and information technology skills and it will enable them to be more confident in the use of software application packages for administrative and business purposes. In addition, pupils will:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the role of business i society
- Develop knowledge and application and usage of a variety of software packages.
- Develop relevant course skills for business, administration and technology for employment and further study.
- Computer applications:Accounting
- Handling Wages and Salaries
- Recording Transactions in the Ledger
- Preparing Financial Accounting Information
- National 5 Maths preferable
- Relevant group of National qualifcations at level 4 or 5
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- You will be required to attend a course information session which may include participation in a selection process’
Progression And Articulation Routes
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Accounting
- Business or Finance
- NC Accounting