The AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting offers technical training in accounting and will help you to pursue a rewarding career in accountancy and finance. You will be provided with the specialist knowledge and skills required to progress into employment in an accounting or finance role or to apply for further study of accountancy and finance.
This qualification is suitable for those who have completed the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting and wish to progress or are at a more intermediate level and looking to develop their skills in accounting. The Advanced Diploma in Accounting is also suited to those who have already started working in finance and who have a need to attain formal recognition of skills or school leavers who are interested in pursuing a career in this occupational area. It is also suited to adult students and those looking for a career change.
This course will be delivered using a flexible online model. The course is fully online giving you the flexibility to study at a convenient time. You will be assigned 1 hour per week where you can contact your tutor for additional support you may need. You will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop or a PC or Tablets course.
Please contact John.Ogden@edinburghcollege.ac.uk for further information
Your employer may be entitled to funding towards this course find out more here: www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/fwdf
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Ethics for Accountants
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
- AAT Level 5 Foundation Certificate
- Two Highers in any subject
- It is recommended that students begin their studies with a good standard of English and Mathematics, for example, Certification at least at National 5 for both would be appropriate
- If you have other relevant school or college qualifications, a degree or some accounting experience then these may be considered as appropriate entry requirements
English Proficiency Requirements
How the course is assessed
- There are six mandatory units that you will be assessed on
- Four are assessed individually at an end of unit through a computer-based assessment in the college
- Two are assessed along with the other four in the Advanced Diploma Synoptic Assessment: this integrates the knowledge and skills gained across the qualification through an exam based simulation
Information on Test/Auditions/Interview Requirements
- Undertake the onlie AAT Skills Check test to indicate entry point www.aat.org.uk
Progression And Articulation Routes
- AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting SCQF Level 8 course
- Become a full member of the AAT (MAAT)
- Employability and promotion prospects within the financial sector
Course Cost And Funding Options
Fee: £1273 Open Learning (year 1)
This course will start week commencing...
This course will end on...